This is a ‘slow cooker’ recipe
- 4 Lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons Broighter Gold Rosemary and Garlic Rapeseed oil.
- 250 mls red wine
- 5 tablespoons strawberry and mint white wine vinegar
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 leeks and 3 carrots
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary and 2 bay leaves
- ½ pint good quality homemade stock (I use chicken)
- Mashed potatoes to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the lamb shanks until browned all over.
- Place into the slow cooker.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the strawberry and mint white wine vinegar, add the red wine and continue to cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the volume of liquid has reduced by half. Pour into the slow cooker. Add the vegetables, rosemary and bay leaves and then the stock. The liquid should cover the meat. (Add more stock if needed)
- Cook on high for eight hours and serve with the mash.