Mushroom Risotto and Egg with Original White Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
200g Arborio Rice
20ml Original White Balsamic Vinegar
50g Shallots peeled and finely chopped
15g Letterbox Larder Umami Mushroom Mix
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
25g Parmesan finely grated
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
1. Boil the stock and pour over the dried mushrooms. Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Melt 20 of the butter in a suitable sized saucepan and add the shallots. Cook gently until starting to soften and then add the rice.
3. Stir well to coat the grains; add the the vinegar and turn up the heat allowing the vinegar to reduce until almost evaporated.
4. Carefully add a ladle of the vegetable stock stirring well.
5. Add the stock paste or powder and continue adding the stock.
6. Carefully decant the mushroom liquor from the dried mushrooms and add gradually.
7. When the rice is cooked, season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
8. Add in 20g of the butter, some parmesan and the mascarpone.
9. In the frying pan, add the last of the butter and heat over a high heat until starting to foam.
10. Add in the mixed mushrooms and sauté until lightly cooked. Scatter in the chopped parsley.
11. Spoon the risotto into warm bowls and top with the mushroom mixture.
Top with a freshly poached egg.