Tex Mex Chilli Beef Stack - one of the easiest, most delicious recipes ever!
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 large Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper cored and cut into neat dice
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Powder or Chilli Flakes
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked Paprika
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 25 mls Black Garlic infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml Water
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- Grated Cheddar
- Heat a suitable sized saucepan. When the saucepan is hot, put in the beef, stir to break up and brown all over. Add in the spices and the Black Garlic Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the prepared vegetables, followed by the chopped tomatoes and water, bring to the boil; then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
Sauce for the Topping
- 400ml Passata
- ½ teaspoon of Chilli powder/flakes
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 10mls Black Garlic infused Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Mix the spices with the passata.
- To assemble: place a tortilla in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Spoon a third of the mince mixture onto the tortilla and spread evenly.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and the mince
- Spoon over the topping sauce and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Place into an oven that has been preheated to 170°C,
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the filling is piping hot.