Chilli & Honey Asian poached Chicken Noodle Bowl
Ingredients for the broth
1.3kg Chicken rinsed out with cold water
4 Scallions trimmed and halved
1 Onion peeled and quartered
2 Red Chilliest halved
5cm Ginger peeled and sliced
6 Garlic Cloves peeled and bruised
50ml Soy Sauce
25ml Burren Balsamics Chilli and Honey Vinegar
150ml Chinese Rice Wine or Dry Sherry
50g Palm Sugar or Dark Muscavado Sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan apart from the chicken and add 3l water.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully lower the chicken into the simmering stock breast side down.
- When the pan comes back to the boil reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up turn the chicken back up so the breast is upwards.
- Remove from the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the stock.
Ingredients to finish the noodle bowl
2ltr of the strained chicken stock excess fat removed
150g Thin Noodles cooked as per instruction
½ pkt Beansprouts washed and drained
½ pkt Green Beans trimmed and halved
1 Carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 Scallions trimmed and thinly sliced
2 Red Chillies thinly sliced
4 Eggs boiled for 5 minutes then shelled
Poached Chicken taken off the bone all skin and sinew removed
1 Pak Choi quartered
Fresh Coriander picked
- Place the stock into a large saucepan and bring back to the boil.
- Add the green beans to the simmering stock and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, pak choi, carrots and beansprouts then turn off the heat.
- Divide the noodles between 4 warmed soup bowls or pasta plates.
- Cut the eggs in half and place 2 halves in each bowl.
- Divide the broth between the bowls.
- Scatter over the chillies, scallions, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Top each bowl with a spoonful of the sesame & ginger relish (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Ginger, Scallion & Sesame Relish
3 Scallions trimmed and finely chopped
25ml Sesame Oil
20ml Soy Sauce
20ml White Balsamic
3cm Ginger peeled and finely grated
Freshly chopped Coriander
Combine all the ingredients and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes