This recipe is a favourite in our house and frequent requests are made for ‘postal brownies’!
- 20 x 33 x 4 cms traybake tin.
- 275 grams pure butter softened to room temperature.
- 375 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons raspberry balsamic
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 100 grams Belgium Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and cut a rectangle of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base and sides of the tin. Grease the tin and line it with the paper.
- I actually find it easier to melt the butter and then add in all the other ingredients leaving the chocolate chips until last. Mix until evenly blended and then add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the top becomes crusty, but the middle remains slightly gooey. Allow to cool in the tin and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight tin.
- Delicious heated in the microwave for a few seconds and serve with ice cream, or cream!