Roasted Tomato, Basil and Red Pepper Soup
- 500g Plum tomatoes
- 3 Red Peppers
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Grande Reserve Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 2 Sprigs oregano, remove leaves from stem
- 3 -4 Basil leaves
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Wash and cut tomatoes and peppers, placing in a shallow baking dish cut side down.
- Add onion pieces, garlic, oregano and basil to the pan.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and Grande Reserve Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in food processor or blender and begin puree. Slowly add the stock until soup has desired consistency. Continue blending until smooth.
- Place all of the soup mixture into a saucepan and bring to the bowl.
- Finish with creme fraiche and a drizzle of Grande Reserve.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.