Added to Cart
You have items in your cart
You have 1 item in your cart
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 50ml passata
- 1 small courgette roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper roughly chopped
- ½ yellow pepper roughly chopped
- 200g small heritage tomatoes halved
- ½ aubergine roughly chopped
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 6 black garlic cloves peeled and halved
- ½ corn cob kernels removed
- 100 g feta crumbled
- 30ml Burren Balsamics 4 diamond but would also be good with the chilli & honey
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Place the pastry onto a lined baking sheet.
- Brush with the passata.
- Scatter over the prepared vegetables.
- Place into the oven and bake until evenly cooked and the pastry is golden brown approx 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter on the feta cheese, return to the oven for a further five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic.
- 500g Minced Lamb
- 200g White Onion peeled & diced
- 200g Carrots peeled & diced
- 100g Turnip peeled & diced
- 500ml Water
- 20g Tomato Puree
- 10g Beef Stock Paste
- 20g Plain Flour
- 30ml Burren Balsamics Balsamic Reduction
- Salt & Freshly Milled Pepper
- Heat a suitable sized saucepan over a moderate heat then add the minced lamb stirring well to break up.
- Add the prepared vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Gradually add the water and Balsamic Reduction, increase the temperature to bring up to the boil, reduce and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Check and adjust the seasoning and consistency if required.
- Tip into a suitable oven sized dish, and chill
Root Vegetable Topping
- 200g Potatoes peeled & diced
- 150g Carrots peeled & diced
- 75g Turnips peeled & diced
- 75g Parsnips peeled & diced
- 30g Butter
- Place the prepared vegetables into a suitable sized pot, over with cold water and place on the cooker over a high heat.
- When boiling add a little salt and reduce to simmer for approx 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- When cooked drain in a colander shaking well to dry out the vegetables.
- Return to the pan and mash well add the butter and check the seasoning.
- Use to top the pie and rough up the surface with a fork.
NB: for a softer richer textured mash add a little double cream when mashing.
- 250g Heirloom Tomatoes
- 200g Baby Mozzarella Balls (bocconcini's)
- Wild Garlic Leaves - washed and shredded (or use Rocket Leaves)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20ml Burren Balsamic Reduction
- 15g Burren Balsamic Caviar
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper freshly milled
- Wash and cut the tomatoes.
- Drain the mozzarella balls and cut in half.
- Assemble on the plate and drizzle with a little oil.
- Season and spoon over a little of the balsamic reduction.
- Toss the garlic leaves (or rocket) with a little oil and arrange over the salad.
- Sprinkle on the caviar.
- 1 Pkt Good Quality Puff Pastry
- 2 Medium Onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 10g Butter
- 3 Tomatoes sliced
- 1 Tub Mozzarella Pearls (bocconcini)
- 20ml Burren Balsamic Bramley Apple infused Vinegar
- Handful of Rocket Leaves
- 50ml Passata
- Few Torn Basil Leaves
- A drizzle of Burren Balsamic Reduction
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Slowly caramelise the onions in the butter, when softened and starting to colour add the Bramley Apple vinegar and reduce until the onions are glazed and sticky. Leave to cool before using.
- Roll out the pizza into a rough circle approx. 25cm diameter.
- Place the pastry onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the passata over the pastry and scatter over the torn basil leaves.
- Evenly spread on the onion mixture.
- Place into the preheated oven for approx 10 minutes until starting to rise and colour.
- Remove from the oven and add the mozzarella pearls, return the pizza to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and scatter over the rocket leaves, return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a little Balsamic Reduction over the pizza and then...settle down and watch your favourite movie, this is much better than popcorn.
This is a family favourite in our house.
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- 1 Garlic Clove peeled and crushed
- 15ml Burren Balsamic Reduction
- 10ml Worcestershire Sauce
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Combine all the ingredients mixing well then season generously.
- Shape into small even sized balls (we used a small ice cream scoop).
- Chill well.
- Fry gently in a little sunflower oil and place in a suitable sized ovenproof dish.
- Make the sauce.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 400g Tinned Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ Onion peeled and finely chopped
- ½ Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 25ml Burren Balsamic Reduction
- 50ml Water
- 50g Mature Cheddar grated
- Fry the onion and carrot in a little oil to lightly colour.
- Add the balsamic glaze and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the water.
- Allow to come to the boil before pouring over the meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and scatter over the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with some garlic bread.