- 1.5 kg oxtail in pieces
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon cut into strips
- 2 onions diced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 3 sticks celery sliced
- 5 table spoons of blackberry and Thyme vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ pints good quality home made stock
- 50 grams plain flour (optional!)
- Brown the oxtail well, either in a deep frying pan, or by roasting in the hot oven (220 degrees).
- Remove and set aside into a casserole dish.
- Fry the onions in the frying pan until soft and then add the bacon and other vegetables. Add the flour (if using), the stock and blackberry and thyme vinegar and season well. Tip into the casserole dish and place in cool oven (approx. 140 degrees) for 6 – 7 hours until the meat is meltingly tender.
- Serve with baked potatoes and a green vegetable.