Balsamic Roasted Tomato Soup
400g Baby Vine Tomatoes, halved
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 stick of celery, chopped
25g butter or Olive Oil
10mls sunflower oil
20mls Roast Onion infused Balsamic Vinegar
600mls vegetable stock
Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
Grande Reserve Balsamic to finish
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Place the raw tomatoes onto a baking tray and season generously.
3. Place into the pre-heated oven for about ten minutes.
4. In a suitably sized saucepan, heat the oil and when hot, add the prepared vegetables and the butter (or Olive Oil), sweat off over a high heat to colour.
5. Sprinkle the Roast Onion infused Balsamic Vinegar over the roasting tomatoes to deglaze and then add to all the vegetables.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and the stock and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce the heat and simmer until all the vegetables are really soft.
8. Blitz in a food processor until smooth. (You could pass it through a fine sieve so you don't get any pips in the soup!)
9. Serve drizzled with the Grande Reserve Vinegar