8 Brioche Slices
50g Butter at room temperature
50g Sultanas or Golden Raisins
50g Balsamic Sugar
2 Free Range Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
300ml Full Fat Milk
100ml Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Generously butter a 1ltr pie dish and sprinkle with a little balsamic sugar.
3. Spread the brioche slices with the remaining butter and cut into triangles.
4. Sprinkle half of the sultanas onto the bottom of the pie dish
5. Top with half of the brioche triangles neatly overlapping.
6. Sprinkle on the remaining sultanas and then top with the remaining brioche triangles.
7. In a large bowl mix the eggs and the egg yolk until well mixed.
8. Sprinkle on 25g of the remaining balsamic sugar.
9. Whisk in the milk and cream then strain into a jug.
10.Carefully pour the custard mixture over the bread and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
11.Sprinkle the top with the remaking balsamic sugar.
12.Place into the middle of the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30 – 35 minutes.
13.It should be just set as it will cook out a little further when removed from the oven