Burren Balsamics Reuben Sandwich
- 200g Pastrami (we used The Meat Merchant’s Pastrami Cured Short Rib)
- 120g Fennel thinly sliced and pickled in White Balsamic
- 8 slices of Sourdough Bread
- 80g Gruyere Cheese thinly sliced
Ingredients for Thousand Island dressing
- 100ml Mayonnaise
- 25ml Ketchup
- 5ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 5ml Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Egg boiled for 7 minutes and roughly chopped
- 1 Vine Tomato finely diced
- 50g Cucumber finely diced
- ½ Red Onion finely diced
- Place the beef onto an ovenproof dish, scatter over the fennel and top with
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 170C for 10 minutes.
- For the Thousand Island stir all the ingredients together and chill until
- Chargrill or toast the bread, spread the bottom with some of the Thousand
Island dressing and top with some rocket leaves.
- Remove the Pastrami from the oven and divide between the four pieces of
- Spread the other pieces of bread with some Thousand Island dressing and
place on top.
- Serve with some extra dressing.