227g Self Raising Flour
¼ tsp Salt
50g Butter cubed
25g Golden Caster Sugar
170ml Whole Milk
10ml Burren Balsamics Citrus Vinegar
- Make the buttermilk by stirring the vinegar into the milk, leave for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Rub the butter into the flour then add the salt.
- When you have fine crumbs add the milk and mix until you have a soft dough. (do not overmix)
- Mould into a flat round approximately 2 cm thick.
- Cut out with a floured cutter and place on a non stick baking tray.
- Dust with a little sifted flour and bake in the pre heated oven for approximately 12 minutes the scones should be a light golden colour.