Chicken and Cauliflower Curry with Roast Onion Balsamic
1kg Chicken Thighs skinned, boned and chopped (use trim and bones for stock)
2 Onions peeled and chopped
100g Mushrooms chopped
440g Chopped Tomatoes
500ml Water or Chicken Stock
30ml Roast Onion Balsamic Vinegar
½ Cauliflower cut into florets
1 Can of Chickpeas drained and rinsed
6 Pellets of Frozen Spinach
5g Cumin (1 heaped teaspoon)
3g Ground Coriander ( ½ teaspoon)
3g Chilli Flakes
5g Garam Masala (1 teaspoon)
- Heat a little oil in a large sauce and when hot add the onion and sauté well.
- Turn the heat down and add the dried spices, cook gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir well to coat with the spice mixture.
- Add the vinegar and turn up the heat to reduce and intensify the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes and stock or water.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes then add the cauliflower and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the spinach stir through to distribute the spinach through the sauce.
- Check and adjust the seasoning and consistency if required.