Chilli non Carne
2 Onions peeled and finely chopped
150g Large Carrot peeled and finely chopped
100g Parsnips peeled and finely chopped
100g Turnip peeled and finely chopped
400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
400g Tin of Kidney Beans
30ml Beetroot and Cacao Nib White Balsamic
300ml Veg Stock
25g Letterbox Larder Mexican Spice Bag
10ml Olive Oil
1. Chop the vegetables evenly as this will help with the cooking.
2. Warm the oil in a suitable sized saucepan, add the prepared vegetables .
3. Cook gently for a couple of minutes then add the spice bag, turn the heat up
and fry for a further two minutes.
4. Add the vinegar and allow to boil before adding the chopped tomatoes.
5. Cook out gently and then add the stock.
6. Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer.
7. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the kidney beans and a little pepper.
9. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.