Chilli non Carne & Steamed Coriander Rice
100g Carrots peeled and finely chopped
100g Turnips peeled and finely chopped
100g Parsnips peeled and finely chopped
100g White Onions peeled and finely chopped
25ml Burren Balsamics Beetroot and Cocoa Nib Vinegar
100g Puy Lentils
50g Celery finely chopped
400g Red Kidney Beans drained and washed
400g Chopped Tomatoes
1 Red Chilli seeds removed and finely chopped
400ml Vegetable Stock
2g Smoked Paprika
10ml Olive Oil
Freshly chopped Parsley
- Heat the oil in a suitable saucepan then add the prepared vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and paprika.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer and add the lentils.
- Braise gently until the lentils are cooked.
- Add the kidney beans and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with flat breads and steamed coriander rice.