100g Carrots peeled and finely chopped
100g Turnips peeled and finely chopped
100g Parsnips peeled and finely chopped
100g White Onions peeled and finely chopped
30ml Roast Onion Balsamic
100g Puy Lentils
50g Celery finely chopped
400g Chopped Tomatoes
400ml Vegetable Stock
15ml Olive Oil
10g Yeast Extract
- Heat the oil in a suitable saucepan then add the prepared vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and yeast extract.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer and add the lentils.
- Braise gently until the lentils are cooked.
- Season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into a suitable pie dish and top with the mashed potatoes.
- Place into an oven that has been preheated to 180°C.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Mashed Potato Topping
750g Potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
100ml Soy Milk
Sea Salt & freshly milled Pepper
- Simmer the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain and allow to dry, place the milk into the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Place the potatoes back into the boiling milk and mash well.
- Check and adjust the seasoning and consistency.
- Carefully top the pie filling.