Ingredients500 grams of Italian Sausage meat
500 gram tin of chopped tomatoes
250 grams of white onions – peeled and finely chopped
150 grams of button mushrooms - thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
250 mls water
30 mls Burren Balsamics Blackberry and Thyme Vinegar
- Heat a suitably sized saucepan and brown the sausage meat stirring well to break up.
- Add the onion and continue to cook for 2 or 3 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add the vinegar and cook well to reduce and intensify the flavour.
- Add the tomatoes and water. Stir well, bring to the boil and turn down the heat. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Serve with your favourite pasta and lots of freshly grated Parmesan.