75ml Rapeseed Oil
175g Self Raising Flour
5g Baking Powder
50g Ground Almonds
2 Lemons zest finely grated
140g Golden Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
200ml Natural Yoghurt
25ml Citrus Balsamic
For the drizzle
The juice of the 2 lemons
85g Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and lightly oil and line with greaseproof paper a 20cm round cake tin.
- Mix the flour, polenta, baking powder, almonds, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs, vinegar, oil and yoghurt in a jug combining them well.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes until golden brown and evenly risen.
- To check if your cake is cooked insert a cocktail stick or metal skewer into the middle of the cake if it comes out clean your cake is cooked if not return the cake to the oven and repeat the check after five minutes if not repeat as required.
- To make the drizzle bring the lemon juice and vinegar to the boil then add the sugar.
- Simmer for two minutes.
- When your cake has cooled slightly pour over the lemon syrup.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.