This is a family favourite in our house.
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- 1 Garlic Clove peeled and crushed
- 15ml Burren Balsamic Reduction
- 10ml Worcestershire Sauce
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Combine all the ingredients mixing well then season generously.
- Shape into small even sized balls (we used a small ice cream scoop).
- Chill well.
- Fry gently in a little sunflower oil and place in a suitable sized ovenproof dish.
- Make the sauce.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 400g Tinned Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ Onion peeled and finely chopped
- ½ Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 25ml Grande Reserve Balsamic Vinegar
- 50ml Water
- 50g Mature Cheddar grated
- Fry the onion and carrot in a little oil to lightly colour.
- Add the balsamic glaze and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the water.
- Allow to come to the boil before pouring over the meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and scatter over the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with some garlic bread.