500g Minced Beef
100g Carrots peeled and grated
100g Onions peeled and grated
10g Dijon Mustard
15ml Lea & Perrins Sauce
200g Thin Cut Streaky Bacon (smoked)
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients and season with a little salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Lay out the streaky bacon slightly overlapping and then flatten with the blade of a large knife to stretch out.
- Form the meat mixture into an even log shape.
- Place into the middle of the bacon and carefully wrap to enclose.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Place the meatloaf into a suitable sized roasting tray and place into the oven.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour depending on the thickness.
- Whilst the loaf is roasting make the shallot and thyme gravy.
- Serve with some crispy roast potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
Ingredients for the gravy
50ml Roast Onion Balsamic
100g Shallots peeled and thinly sliced
4 Thyme Sprigs leaves removed form the stalks
- Melt the butter in a suitable sized saucepan and then add the shallots.
- Cook gently until starting to soften then turn up the heat and start to colour the shallots.
- When golden brown add the vinegar and cook out until well reduced.
- Add the gravy and bring to the boil reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.