- 75ml Rapeseed Oil
- 175gm Self Raising Flour
- 1½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 50gm Ground Almonds
- 50gm Polenta
- 2 Oranges zest finely grated
- 140gm Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 200gm Natural Yoghurt
- 25ml Blood Orange & Cardamom Balsamic
For the drizzle:
- The juice of the 2 Oranges
- 20ml Blood Orange & Cardamom Balsamic
- 100gm Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and lightly oil and line with greaseproof paper a 20cm round cake tin.
- Mix the flour, polenta, baking powder, almonds, sugar and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs, oil, balsamic and yoghurt in a jug combining them well.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the preheated oven.
- Bake for approx 35 minutes until golden brown and evenly risen.
- To check if your cake is cooked insert a cocktail stick or metal skewer into the middle of the cake if it comes out clean your cake is cooked if not return the cake to the oven and repeat the check after five minutes if not repeat as required.
- To make the drizzle bring the orange juice and balsamic to the boil then add the sugar.
- Simmer for two minutes.
- When your cake has cooled slightly pour over the syrup.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.