Mushroom Soup with Hazelnut & Wild Garlic Pesto with Shaved Truffles
250g Button Mushrooms
100g Onions peeled and chopped
15g Dried Wild. Mushrooms
500ml Mushroom Liquor
500ml Raw Organic Milk
25g Plain Flour
Sea Salt and freshly milled Pepper
50ml Double Cream
Truffles thinly sliced (optional)
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 500ml of boiling water.
- Melt the butter in a suitable sized saucepan and then add the onions.
- Sauté gently for 2 minutes then add the mushrooms and turn up the heat.
- When the mushrooms have started to colour slightly turn the heat down and add the flour and the soaked dried mushrooms, stir well.
- Cook out the four for a couple of minutes over a gentle heat.
- Gradually add the mushroom liquor stirring well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the milk gradually to ensure there are no lumps.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Blitz in a food processor and return to a clean saucepan.
- Warm through then adjust the seasoning and consistency.
- Stir in the cream and then serve with the pesto and truffles if using.