2 Onions peeled and chopped
100g Pancetta Lardons
800g Chopped Tomatoes
30ml Burren Balsamics Black Garlic Balsamic
200ml Beef Stock
3g Oregano (1 teaspoon)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper freshly milled
- Heat a suitable sized saucepan and add the pancetta and the minced beef.
- Turn the heat up to colour the meat stirring well to break up the lumps.
- Add the onion and continue to stir well season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinegar and cook well to reduce slightly.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and oregano, bring to the boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes before adding the sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool before assembling the lasagne.
Mature Cheddar Cheese Sauce Ingredients
30g Plain Flour
10ml Burren Balsamics Original White Balsamic
5g English Mustard (1 teaspoon)
80g Mature Cheddar grated
- Melt the butter in a suitable sized saucepan and then add the flour.
- Cook over a low heat for a couple of minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the milk stirring well to ensure that the sauce is smooth.
- Add the vinegar and mustard and stir through well.
- Add the cheese and stir well to incorporate.
- Check and adjust the seasoning and consistency if required.
- You can now layer up the lasagne finishing with the cheese sauce.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling approximately 30 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 170C