Ingredients for 4
4 x 180g Cod Fillets with the skin on
2 Bulbs Fennel trimmed cored and thinly sliced
150g Cherry Tomatoes halved
30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
15ml Burren Balsamics Armagh Bramley Apple Balsamic
Sea Salt & Freshly milled Pepper
10ml Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the fennel with the olive oil and scatter onto a roasting tray, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Carefully pat dry the cod fillets and season well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, whilst the pan is heating pop the fennel into the oven
- When the pan is hot add the oil and the butter, as the butter starts to sizzle add the fish skin side down and cook over a high heat for approximately 3 minutes.
- As the fennel is roasting add the cherry tomatoes and place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Baste the fish then carefully turn over, the skin should be golden brown.
- Cook the fish for a further 2 minutes then remove from the pan and allow to rest for a couple of minutes in a warm place covered with a piece of foil.
- Remove the fennel and tomatoes from the oven and add the balsamic which should sizzle a little.
- Stir the balsamic through and then spoon the mixture onto warm plates, add the hake and enjoy