Red Lentil, Carrot and Orange Soup With Sweetheart Cabbage & Leeks
Blood Orange and Cardamom infused White Balsamic
1 Onion peeled and finely chopped
3 Carrots peeled and finely chopped
1 Celery Stick strings removed and finely chopped
100g Red Lentils
1 Leek trimmed and thinly sliced
¼ Sweetheart Cabbage thinly sliced
2ltr Vegetable Stock
10ml Olive Oil
10ml Blood Orange & Cardamom White Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt and freshly milled Pepper
- Warm the oil in a suitable sized saucepan and when hot add the prepared carrots, onions and the celery and sauté gently for 5 minutes, season with a little sea salt and some freshly milled pepper.
- Add the lentils and stir well, allow to sweat gently then add the vinegar.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer until the lentils are soft.
- Add the cabbage and stir through adding a little water if the soup is to thick.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before adding the prepared leeks, simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and consistency and adjust as required.