Seafood Pie with Wild Garlic White Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
500g Chowder Mix
125g Raw Shelled Prawns
2 Shallots peeled and finely chopped
30g Plain Flour
20ml Wild Garlic White Balsamic
Freshly chopped new season wild garlic (if in season!)
- Lightly poach the fish in the milk until just cooked (2 – 3 minutes).
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and sweat of the shallot until soft but with no colour.
- Carefully drain the fish and reserve the cooking liquor.
- Add the flour to the shallots and stir well, cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the cooking liquor to the shallots, stirring well to ensure a smooth sauce.
- Add the vinegar to the sauce and allow the sauce to cook out for a couple of minutes.
- Place the poached fish into a suitable sized baking dish and then add the boiled eggs which have been quartered.
- Stir the wild garlic into the sauce, taste and adjust the seasoning and consistency as required.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the fish and allow to cool before topping with mashed potato.
- Bake the pie in an oven that has been preheated to 175°C for about 25 minutes.