Slow cooked Pork Belly with Armagh Bramley Apple Balsamic Gravy
1kg Pork Belly - rind removed
10g Sea Salt,
5g Cracked Black Peppercorns
Method - The pork can be cooked either slowly sous-vide, or in the oven.
Mix the seasoning ingredients together and sprinkle all over the pork.
- Preheat the thermal circulator to 76.5C or set the oven to 130c.
- If using circulator place pork into the bag and vacuum place into the container and cook for 8 hours, remove take out of the bag and then chill until required - OR
- If cooking in the oven place into a suitable roasting dish with 200ml of water, cover with a double layer of foil and place into the middle of the oven and roast for 3 hours. When cooked transfer to a clean dish and chill until required.
- Before cooking again, trim and portion the pork into evenly sized pieces.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Place in the pork, fat side down and allow to caramelise slowly, turning to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with some seasonal vegetables and the sauce as below.
Ingredients for the Sauce
50ml Armagh Bramley Apple Balsamic
1. Warm the gravy through and then add the balsamic.
2. Bring to a simmer and cook out for 5 minutes.