Burren Balsamics Super Green Soup Ingredients
I Onion peeled and finely diced
2 Celery Stalks trimmed and chopped
2 Leeks trimmed thinly sliced and washed (drain well)
100g Frozen Spinach
150g Frozen Peas
50g Broccoli Stalks finely chopped
15ml Avlaki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
15ml Original White Balsamic
1ltr Vegetable Stock
- Heat the oil in a suitable sized saucepan and when hot add the celery, onion and broccoli stalks, sauté gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the leeks, vinegar and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir through then place into a food processor and blitz well.
- Heck and adjust the seasoning and consistency if required.
- If you prefer a smooth soup pass through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan.
- Serve with some wild garlic and hazelnut pesto.
Wild Garlic, Citrus & Hazelnut Pesto Ingredients
100g Wild Garlic leaves washed and remove the stalks
30g Hazelnuts shelled and skinned lightly roasted
40g Parmesan finely grated
15ml Citrus Balsamic
150ml Feudo San Lorenzo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly milled Black Pepper
- Place the nuts and parmesan into the food processor and roughly chop.
- Add the garlic leaves and blitz well, scrape down the sides of the processor.
- With the motor running trickle in the oil slowly to incorporate.
- Add the vinegar and mix well, season to your taste with freshly milled pepper.