Garlic Mushrooms, Griddled Baguette with Poached Free Range Egg & Gremolata
250g Mushrooms halved
50g Shallots peeled and finely sliced
30g Wild Garlic Butter (see cheats version below)
½ Baguette cut into four slices
20ml Feudo San Lorenzo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Free Range Hens Eggs
10ml Burren Balsamics Original White
Ingredients for the cheats wild garlic butter
100g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
10g Letterbox Larder Wild Garlic Seasoning
- Place the softened butter into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning and mix well.
- Roll in cling film until you have a neat roll then chill until required.
Ingredients for the Gremolata
2 Garlic Cloves peeled
Lemon Rind from 1 small Lemon
Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley
Chop together to make this delicious flavour burst
- Brush the baguette slices with the oil and griddle or bake.
- Melt the garlic butter in a medium saucepan and then add
the shallots and mushrooms.
- Season generously with some freshly milled pepper.
- Cook over a high heat until cooked and lightly coloured, keep warm.
- Bring a medium sized saucepan of water to the boil then add the vinegar.
- Crack the eggs into cups, then slip the eggs into the water.
- Bring back to the boil then remove from the heat, cover and leave for 4 minutes.
- Place the baguette slices onto warm plates and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Drain the eggs really well onto kitchen paper or a clean tea towel.
- Place the eggs on top of the mushrooms and scatter over some Gremolata.
- Add a little trickle of olive oil and enjoy.