Entertaining guests? These glazed cocktail sausages are perfect for parties.
- Pack of 24 good quality cocktail sausages
- Heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 30 mls of Burren Balsamics Chilli and Honey Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Separate the sausages and place onto a suitable baking dish.
3. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and pour in the vinegar to start to glaze the sausages.
5. Shake the dish to loosen the sausages and then pour in the other ingredients.
6. Stir well to coat all the sausages and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
7. Tip into a serving dish and enjoy!
At the beach, or in the garden - enjoy a glass of prosecco with a little strawberry and mint in the bottom of the glass!
A thoroughly refreshing cocktail, this is just as delicious with sparkling water.
Add a strawberry and fresh mint to finish it off!
This is a lovely summer starter or light lunch!
- A bag of mixed leaf salad with rocket
- 80 g pack of pack of Parma Ham
- 4 fresh figs
- 10 Bocconcini Mozzarella (these are the mini ones!)
- A sprinkling of Pine nuts
- 2s tablespoons of Rhubarb and Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
Toast the pine nuts either in the oven, or in a dry frying pan on the top of the stove.
Divide the salad between two plates.
Cut the figs into four pieces each and put onto the plates with 5 of the Bocconcini and a sprinkling of Pine Nuts.
- Drizzle over the Rhubarb and Ginger Balsamic and enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 240 grams of caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Strawberry and mint white wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to fan 100 c, conventional 110 c, gas mark 1/4. Line 2 baking sheets with Bake-o-Glide or parchment paper.
Tip the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl and beat on a medium speed until the mixture stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
Turn the speed up and start to add the caster sugar, a dessertspoonful at a time. Add the sugar slowly to prevent the meringue weeping later, but don't over beat. Add the strawberry and mint white wine vinegar.
I use a dessertspoon to scoop up the meringue and using another spoon ease it on to the baking sheet, or you can just drop them in rough rounds.
Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours in the oven until the meringues sound crisp. Leave to cool.
I like to sandwich these together with Marscapone cheese!